Monday, September 6, 2010

Friendly reminder.

Update your drivers! Specifically speaking your video card drivers. I like I'm sure others out there have often times found ourselves with outdated video card drivers and wish we knew new versions were out and about. So here's what I'm going to do for us.

The Nvidia team recently released 256.53 for Linux, of course I only discovered this yesterday. When it was released? Aug 31st. I'm not perfect, but with my imperfection comes help for you. I will be adding a thing on my blog to link to newest drivers for both Nvidia and ATI (AMD will be taking the place on the next iteration of cards if I understand things properly)

The ATI/AMD team released version 10.8 for Linux most recently. Created on Aug 25th it is still quite new. I personally don't use ATI/AMD products at least not in a Linux environment so please tell me if there is other drivers out there that out perform the Catalyst drivers so I can look into posting those as well.

Hope this helps.

NVIDIA: 256.53 x86 , 256.53 x86_64
ATI: ATI Catalyst 10.8 x86 + x86_64

1 comment:

  1. already knew this but great info to post. keep up the great posting

    ReplyDelete